Join me this Wednesday, January 4th at 6:00 PM EASTERN, 5:00 PM CENTRAL, at the monthly CTAUG, (Connecticut Access User Group), meeting.
We will be discussing how to optimize Access with SQL Server:
- What is the ONE field all of your tables in SQL Server should have? (Hint: It’s not just the a primary key)
- How do you get a SQL Server view to be editable in Access?
- How can you make your tables DSNless?
- How can you retrieve the last primary key inserted into a table? How can it be done in a multi-user setting?
- What is the ONE thing you should always avoid when querying data in SQL Server?
- And many more tips and pointers
I look forward to having you there, if you do decide to attend let me know here.
1. Use this link to attend: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/878628578
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) – a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (213) 493-0603
Access Code: 878-628-578
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 878-628-578
When is the video to the presentation going to be posted?
Ok, I finally got connected
Glad you could make it!
Once again, all my best-laid plans went awry
At midnight(Italian time) I used the link to attend and the correct message appeared as you see here: http://sdrv.ms/VLvHeT
but beyond that, nothing else.
I’m told that the meeting started a bit; try again in 10 more minutes (5:30 PM CST)