With deliveries across the US, this trucking company needed a better way to manage their logistics. Tracking their loads using spreadsheets was too slow, and the web solutions on the market were too complicated.
We were able to help the truck owner-operator with a simple software and web solution allowing all of his employees to access critical information on the road.
Trucking solutions come a dime a dozen, so when our client came calling we could not help but ask, “Why not just use one of the many online solutions already out there?” It turns out that all of those solutions are focused on large companies that include everything but the kitchen sink, and a simple solution was hard to find.
Truck owner-operators are on the road a lot, and sometimes they have multiple trucks on the road as well. There are many data aspects of the business that need managing: picking up loads, dropping them off, calculating costs and paying off drivers every two weeks. The company needed a custom software and web solution for truck owner-operators that can track all of their essential business aspects on the web giving all drivers up-to-date information on the road.
Our Custom Solutions
For this small trucking company, IT Impact custom designed a web solution with the following features:
- Dashboard and login to see an overview of the business’ health.
- User-friendly screen to record all details of the truck: loads, fuel, driver history, etc.
- Simple driver screens to record all important driver aspects, either in teams or as individuals.
- Screen details for each load.
- Driver payment module to calculate payment and factor in expenses, loans, and any other items.
- Great flexibility allowing administrators to add custom fields as needed without any programming.